Work Type/s: Full Time, Part Time
Location: Remote (Preference for Asia/Oceania time zones)
Salary: Negotiated (+ESOP) As we are are currently in the fundraising phase, we are looking for people who are happy to work on a part cash, part equity split basis.
AgUnity Response is an Australian-based but fully global start-up of industry-leading professionals who are currently prototyping and deploying an MVP platform for immediate piloting in the field as part of a local and global COVID-19 mitigation strategy (see more here: www.agunity.com/response).
AgUnity Response is the subsidiary of AgUnity Pty Ltd, an award-winning social enterprise founded in 2016, working to change the lives of over 2-billion low-income farmers worldwide. AgUnity helps farmers to lift themselves out of poverty with a smartphone and blockchain platform to improve communication, trust, and food supply chains (see more here: https://youtu.be/72PCVi_DEqY).
- Has a passion for using technology to deliver solutions that make meaningful change.
- Strong ownership ethic with no-nonsense focus to get-the-job-done.
- Clear communication skills at all levels of a business.
- Lightning-speed distillation of complexity into essential critical-path activities
- Communication nexus, fixer, confidant: Erin Brockovich or The Dude
- You have ‘Plan A – Z’ mapped out in your head before most people even recognize the problem
The Task at Hand
- Must be able to self-manage and motivate, and take a list of ‘nice to haves’ or issues and turn them into ‘concretely delivered beyond highest expectations.’
- Be in the mission for the long game for our clients and help turn our solutions into strategic global improvements, enhancing the quality of life and overall well-being of all humans.
- Be willing to step up to the task at hand, enjoy the grind, and keep pushing until the “Eureka!” moment, then get back into the next great battle.
Some familiarity with the “Technology for Good” scene is beneficial, but not required.
Frontend Developer Role
We are looking for programmers with a keen eye for design for the position of Front End Developer. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the alignment of web and mobile app design and user experience requirements, optimising pages for maximum efficiency, and maintaining brand consistency across all web and mobile apps, among other duties. You will be required to work in teams alongside our CTO, Product Owners, Backend Developers, Graphic Designers, and Business Analysts to ensure all elements of web and app creation are consistent.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience in Front-End development
- Experience with web front end technologies
- Understanding and knowledge of (at least 1)
- Strong knowledge of working with web APIs, including both request and streaming variants
- Experience working within a DevOps culture
- Experience and desire to work with agile development methodology
- Strong experience delivering public facing web and mobile applications
- Proven problems solving and analytical skills
- Passionate about emerging technologies
- Strong intend to learn & grow within the team
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a technical field (information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, science etc.)
Preferable Skills (Handy to have)
- Experience with Solidity (minimum 6 months)
- Experience with C# and Powershell
- Experience with Azure/other cloud platforms
- Database proficiency, including traditional SQL & Document Databases
- Knowledge of Reactive app design
- Determining the structure and design of web and mobile app pages
- Developing features to enhance the user experience
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Building reusable code for future use
- Utilising a variety of markup languages to write web pages and applications
- Optimising web pages for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborating with other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices
What's in it for you
This is a fully agile, fast-paced position with meaningful responsibilities and room for growth. This role is suitable for someone looking for a varied and challenging role whilst working with the latest technology (blockchain, IOT, data analytics). We offer flexible working arrangements and are happy to work with the needs of successful applicants.
You can enjoy being a part of a supportive team of like-minded professionals.
Diversity & Inclusion
At AgUnity we believe that ‘the strength of the team is the individual, and the strength of the individual is the team’. In recruiting our team, we believe in giving equal opportunities and in doing so look to learn from each other’s life experiences, knowledge, perspective, talent and achievements. Our values unite us irrespective of education, race and cultural background, nationality, social class, gender identity and expression, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, or age.